PPBM6 for CS6
This latest version of Premiere Pro Benchmark (PPBM6) is the successor of the PPBM5 test.
It is designed to be a portable, repeatable, and easily reportable hardware evaluation tool. It will allow you to optimize your Premiere Pro hardware configuration and give you solid data for optimizing your existing system, upgrading your system, or for selecting a new cost effective configuration.
It tests system setup, CPU and cores, hard disk setup, video card and memory.
- PPBM5 has proven to be a valuable tool in optimizing system performance. Premiere Pro CS6 is a huge step forward and we felt the obligation to follow suit. The new test had to accomodate more tapeless workflows and show even more information for the user, but most importantly, make data submission even easier, complete and consistent.
- There now are clips of DV, HDV, AVCHD, XDCAM, MXF 4:2:2 and RED 4K material using both NTSC and PAL in this new PPBM6 benchmark. As such it requires a much larger download.
- The testing timeline has been extended to make the duration longer and the complexity even bigger than it was before. There are now seven video tracks in use, of which one adjustment layer with three effects.
- Results are presented in a searchable and sortable database format, with instant dynamic graphs to support further analysis.
- There might possibly be a Mac version, we are looking for beta testers.